Established:1954 Employees:30 FTE Location: Upper Midwest
DeJong Greenhouses, an eighty-year-old family-owned wholesale greenhouse has been sold to Dan & Jerry’s Greenhouses LLC . It boasts and outstanding reputation for quality and its brand name is nationally known. It is sought by major customers due to its ability to control growing conditions, on-time delivery and managing inventories.
The Company has excellent greenhouse facilities that are suited to growing a wide variety of product. It is currently primarily utilized for potted plant and annual and seasonal growing but could be easily adapted to growing produce, research, or hydroponic or aquaculture.
A well-trained, long-term core employee group is critical to the continued quality of production and the Company has done a good job of training and promoting employees from within. Customer service is a key component of the Company’s success.
- Outstanding brand name recognition;
- High quality facilities – nearly 300,000 sq ft of greenhouse space on nearly 23 acres; total Assessed value of $2.1 million
- Strategically located to service major Midwestern metropolitan areas;
- Strong and growing relationships with financially capable customers;
- Long-term highly skilled workforce;
- High degree of flexibility in product mix
Contact: Maurie Cashman 319-213-8934